Today’s guests are Jane Adshead-Grant and Oscar Trimboli, who are both long-time friends of host Kevin Monroe. Jane Adshead-Grant is an author, speaker, and Master Certified Coach and Facilitator at Ashvale Consultancy Ltd. Oscar Trimboli is the Head of Coaching Faculty at The Marketing Academy Australia and a speaker, author, and mentor at Oscar Trimboli Pty Ltd. They have, collectively, more than half a century of extensive experience in leadership, coaching, and mentoring.
Listening is the willingness to have your mind changed, and the difference between hearing and listening is the action we take. Kevin and his guests explore the concept of active listening with the intent to understand and act, not just to respond. What’s the role of a listener, and how can we be a better one?
- The difference between hearing and listening.
- How the state of listening has changed during the current pandemic.
- Ways to address interruptions or distractions.
- How to be an ear of reason in a global crisis.
- How to create a listening environment.
Scott James of the This Extraordinary Life community touches on how today’s guests have impacted him along his personal and professional journey.