Paul Sohn has just released his latest bestseller, Quarter-Life Calling. Today, he joins Kevin as they discuss being driven versus being called. They also discuss what to do when you’ve reached a point in your life where you feel like you should have a calling, but don’t. Listen to the full episode here, or download it from your favorite podcast player!
- Paul talks about being vulnerable, sharing, and how it feels like getting naked. People understand it when you’re real and transparent in sharing YOUR story.
- Paul explains what a quarter life calling is – it’s a midlife crisis that happens a lot earlier. Paul shares his own quarter life crisis; he was ‘living the dream.’ But he felt miserable deep down, and it only got worse.
- Have you heard of the be-do conundrum? Are you supposed to be something, or are you supposed to do something? Paul explains the concept of the primary and secondary calling, and it’s unique and specific to each person.
- Paul explains how being and doing should affect how you live your life. Often, the first place to start is with your own health. You need energy and stamina to carry out your calling.
- Millennials are hungry for purpose; they want to be a part of something greater than themselves. When you think about the transitions they’re going through, it’s a tough time. And it’s those experiences in their 20’s that can leave them empty, or with purpose.
- Inspire, equip, and empower: Paul focuses all his efforts on this as he raises up the next generation of leaders. He talks about the organization he’s launched in his calling to help the 20-somethings.
- Kevin points at the concept that first connected him with Paul, servant leadership. For many of us to do good work, we need to do it through service to others. Paul describes how that looks in his own life.
- Despite having your life in line – your calling, your health, your purpose – you will still have off days. Paul talks about how he deals with those. He also explains how he’s changed in the way he looks at the challenges he faces.
Interested in going more in-depth with this topic? Make sure to check out the blog post on our site. Learn how to name your calling.
We hope you’re enjoying the Higher Purpose Podcast. If so, consider subscribing and leaving a review! And share it with someone in your life who might need encouragement and purpose. They’ll thank you for it.