Sometimes we spend so much time comparing ourselves to others that we forget to emphasize what we’re contributing to the world through our business. Kevin talks to author and branding expert Bernadette Jiwa about story-driven branding and the importance of communicating your personal story to the people you want to reach.
- It’s a controversial idea to challenge the importance of competition in business. But Bernadette says that too many people and companies fail to live up to their potential because they fall into the comparison trap. You don’t need to compete when you know who you are – Bernadette explains how to move your focus from competing to contributing.
- When we compete, we become focused on the competitive landscape, rather than on the needs of our communities and customers. Your business was founded on a need – what can you contribute, and what makes you great?
- Every company is either competition-driven, or story-driven. Bernadette explains the difference, and how you can use it to improve the resonance of your message.
- You already have a story – everyone does. It’s how you interpret it and use it that is the key to your success. Bernadette shares the 5 steps to create and communicate a story-driven message.
- Bernadette explains that resonance is the key to long-term success. What does it mean to have cultural resonance, and how can you tell your story in order to resonate with your audience?
- To win a free copy of Bernadette’s new book Story Driven, tweet Kevin @kevin_monroe with the hashtag #storydriven.
- Download the Story Driven Framework here: story-driven-framework
- If you or someone you know is interested in bringing the benefits of brand storytelling to your enterprise, let us know! Email Kevin at email@example.com.
Network, Share Ideas, and Grow
Ready to connect to other purpose powered people like yourself, so you can network, share ideas, and grow together? Join us in the Higher Purpose Community on Facebook for conversation, extra content, and access to Kevin.