So many things seem the same from day to day, but today is uniquely different. That’s the guiding thought in today’s podcast as Kevin unpacks what that means to him. How can you take today and make it matter? We are all on a journey to somewhere we’ve never been, and it’s up to you to make every minute count.
- How often do you use GPS in your car? If you’re like Kevin, you’ve become reliant on it, so much that you don’t think about direction. But do you do that with your life as well, allowing someone else’s voice to guide you? How do you navigate when you don’t have a map? Kevin tells the story of how ancient mariners used to find their way, and there’s an important lesson there for you as you explore uncharted territory.
- You’ve heard the saying, ‘a ship is safest in the harbor, but that’s not what ships are for.’ Kevin gives his own spin on this: you can live a life without risk, but life itself is a risk. If you live without taking any risks, then you haven’t truly lived. Even if you’ve taken risks and found yourself beaten, bruised, and wondering why, you have to get up and try again. Kevin assures you: you have a unique gift to offer to this world, and it’s worth the risks. Purpose isn’t a privilege of a select few.
- There are some misconceptions around purpose. One of them is that purpose is the privilege of a select few. Another is that your purpose is hidden, and it’s some big mystery you have to unravel. Or that, to find your purpose, the stars had to come into alignment and everything had to be perfect. In fact, your purpose is your birthright, and it isn’t hidden, nor will your understanding of it be perfect.
- Have you ever arrived at a dream destination and discovered it wasn’t all you dreamed it to be? Kevin shares the story of the worst travel decisions he ever made that landed him in a motel outlined in tacky blue neon with a 24-hour package story right next to his room. Certainly not what Kevin expected, and he shares what he learned from this experience, and how those lessons apply to all areas of your life… especially your purpose.
- Kevin talks on how you have a desire deep inside you to ‘build a brighter world’ in a way only you can. But you might not know how to do it, what direction you need to take to get there. Kevin has three key elements to get you on that path. First, start where you are, acknowledge how you got there, and be willing to forgive yourself. Second, decide what your ‘true north’ really is. Third, chart your course and start navigating north. You don’t need to know the exact destination. As long as you know the direction you need to go, you’ll figure out the details and course-correct along the way.
Network, Share Ideas, and Grow
Ready to connect to other purpose powered people like yourself, so you can network, share ideas, and grow together? Join us in the Higher Purpose Community on Facebook for conversation, extra content, and access to Kevin.