Putting on a summit is a challenge. Putting on a summit that eschews trends to an audience who isn’t familiar with summits is an even better challenge. But that’s exactly what Kevin Monroe and his team did for the Navigating North Summit. There were bumps, bruises, and victories along the way, and today, Kevin shares them all.
- Christy and Kevin address a difficult question: Was the Summit a success? That is the wrong question, according to Kevin. Instead, he used words of inspiration from Mother Theresa: faithfulness, not success.
- Kevin talks about what a summit is and why he eschewed the typical format, promotion, and feel of a summit. There’s a dirty secret, and he shares exactly what the goal of a typical summit is, and how we did it differently.
- We made one big mistake with the summit – assuming everyone knows what a summit actually is. Truth is, many don’t, and Kevin shares the experience of teaching what a summit is while doing a summit. But more importantly, he hopes that others will be inspired.
- Getting conversation guests was another study of the unknown. There seemed to be some easy yes’s and some longshots we never thought we’d land. It was a learning process for sure.
- If you’ve even thought about a summit, Kevin and Christy share what helped them succeed in putting one on. A tight deadline, not worrying about being perfect, and getting the big things right: that’s what you really need.
- Kevin and Christy go heart to heart with what it really takes to put on a summit that you can be proud of, one that sees you being a faithful steward to an idea and seeing it through to a reality.
What will it take for you to live more on purpose in 2018? How can we help make it a reality? Feedback is a gift, and we would appreciate yours so we can better serve you. Take 2 minutes and complete this 3-question survey. Let’s work together to live 2018 on purpose.