Kevin sits down with Russ Stoddard, founder of Oliver Russell, a consulting business that is all about creating social and environmental impact. Oliver Russell focuses on four core values: social responsibility, creativity, collaboration, and moving forward by embracing change.
- The world is starting to change for the better as more and more people become aware of social and environmental issues. Kevin sits down with Russ to talk about the role of business in making the world a better place.
- Have you ever heard the claim that business and environmental responsibility are incompatible? Well, it’s just not true – Oliver Russell is a public benefit corporation that creates social benefit in the same way that you might create financial profit. Russ explains how this category of company creates new forms of social and legal accountability in business.
- It’s not about being the best company in the world – it’s about being the type of company that creates the best change for the world. From Patagonia to Ben & Jerry’s, companies all over the world are changing their corporate governance to be more socially accountable.
- What happens when you make financial profit a by-product, and not the central goal, of being in business? Russ talks about the importance of doing good in defining your purpose.
- We can define purpose in different ways – mastery of skills, serving the community, or helping someone beyond yourself. Once you’ve experienced purpose in a job that provides more than a paycheck, you’ll never go back.
- If you or someone you know is interested in bringing the benefits of social and environmental consciousness to your enterprise, let us know! Email Kevin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Network, Share Ideas, and Grow
Ready to connect to other purpose powered people like yourself, so you can network, share ideas, and grow together? Join us in the Higher Purpose Community on Facebook for conversation, extra content, and access to Kevin. You can also download the Purpose Manifesto if you’re looking for a wakeup call about being aligned with your purpose at work as well as in your life.