While we may embrace the quest for progress and improvement in our working lives as a heroic journey, many of us view travel itself as a time for leisure. In this episode, Kevin and guest Jake Haupert from the Transformational Travel Council and Explorer-X discuss the power of travel to bring greater purpose, passion, and meaning to our business pursuits and lives.
Listen to the full episode now, or subscribe on iTunes!
- What’s more important to you – where you’re headed, or how you’re getting there? Jake tells Kevin how his personal history and passion for exploration fuel his mission to deliver meaningful travel experiences to his clients – and disrupt the industry in the process.
- We may think that integrating purpose into business is easier in some industries than others, but the fact is that purpose can create benefits anywhere that it’s applied. What’s more, that purpose may be closer than you’d think. By looking to the immemorial roots of travel as a vehicle for personal evolution, Jake and the Transformational Travel Council have unearthed a profound new perspective from inside the history of the industry itself, unleashing a movement in the process.
- Whether in work or play, intentionality is the key to meaningful undertakings. What do you want to get out of your trip? This is the question Jake asks his clients, but it’s also one that he poses to himself as an entrepreneur. Knowing what we’re searching for is the first step to knowing how to find it.
- As a commercial enterprise, the Transformational Travel Council is driven both by altruism and success. Together, purpose and performance are a potent combination, catalyzing the delivery of products and services that are both meaningful and profitable.
- Turning your passion into a business can seem like a daunting journey in its own right, but in Jake’s view, the important thing is to meet that challenge with the right tools and mindset. Even the best of plans will have their ups and downs, but purpose can sustain you through those challenging times. As Jake says, purpose is the fire that lights up the world.
- If you or someone you know is interested in bringing the insights and benefits of transformational travel to your workplace, let us know! Email Kevin at email@example.com.
Network, Share Ideas, and Grow
Ready to connect to other purpose powered people like yourself, so you can network, share ideas, and grow together? Join us in the Higher Purpose Community on Facebook for conversation, extra content, and access to Kevin.