Gabriel Grant graduated from Yale with a Ph.D., so it might surprise you a bit to learn that his purpose in life is using research to help create a world where all life flourishes together from people experiencing their lives as a calling. What does that mean, and how do YOU do it? Find out in today’s episode. It’s an insightful, inspirational boost you don’t want to miss.
Listen to the episode now, or subscribe on iTunes!
- Business is a social construct, an idea around how we organize ourselves. According to Gabriel, there are three scales of flourishing. There’s the individual level, a business level, and a macro level. When you find a way to flourish in each, you create sustainability for your business, and beyond that, how your business can contribute to the greater world.
- One of the papers Gabriel published on the emergence of purpose caught Kevin’s eye, and he had to know: what is Gabriel’s definition of purpose. His take on it might surprise you given that he’s a very analytical researcher, and he breaks it down into three major dimensions: internal motivation, it’s engaged; it’s prosocial.
- Are Millennials the ME or the WE generation? Gabriel shares his own trouble with those labels, but more importantly, how they affect a business’s ability to flourish. His discovery showed that it’s not a problem with just him; it’s cultural. His findings led him to believe that we are on the brink of a purpose revolution.
- Gabriel has noticed a trend of people seeing their work as their purpose, and he points out astutely that we are all at different places in our purpose path. From the person who’s just waking up to the need for purpose to the one who’s well on their way, his insights will help you no matter where you are. Have YOU had your purpose awakening?
- If you want a tangible example, Gabriel has one for you: Whole Foods circa 2010. They had a radical way of looking at purpose for their employees, and it might make you uncomfortable. Who wants to allow their employees to co-opt their business to fulfill their own purposes? Amazing but true, and Gabriel explains how it worked.
Interested in designing the future of your business, increasing your profitability and employee inspiration, and becoming purpose-powered? Sign up for a FREE laser coaching call with Kevin and get unstuck with where you are in your business.