Mentioning love in the workplace is corporate heresy. We pretend like it doesn’t exist inside cubicles. Today, Kevin explores why love is the foundation for effective leadership, and how eliminating fear from the workplace is an incredible way to empower your employees.
Listen to the full episode:
- In an interview with Jeff Harmon, he and Kevin had the audacity to discuss love in the workplace. They asked a very simple question. If you don’t have love in the workplace, what do you have in the place of love? Something is filling that void, and it’s often the opposite of love.
- What is the opposite of love? Hate is the first thing that comes to mind, but it’s something very different than that. Kevin explains what is on the other end of the spectrum from love, and how it can turn a workplace into something very toxic.
- Kevin shares the story of the worst boss he ever had. You think you’ve had it bad? Have you ever had a boss who hired people just so he can fire them in a few months? Kevin explains how this ‘loveless’ boss enjoyed creating a toxic culture, one in which people lived in fear for their livelihoods.
- What’s different about businesses when they’re grounded and founded in purpose? Look at profitability, attracting great talent and keeping them, and how these employees stay engaged with the company’s purpose. Look at how these companies outperform their peers. The difference is clear: companies with purpose-powered leadership outpace their competition in almost every way.
- So how do you tap into the power of purpose? Is it something you harness, like a draft horse? Or is it something you tap into, like the power of a waterfall. Kevin gives his surprising answer. Find out how you can apply purpose in your workplace and life.
- Kevin shares one of his favorite quotes on conversation – something you need to have if you’re going to welcome love into the workplace. They aren’t always easy to have, but like purpose, love dies in isolation. And ultimately, if you’re going to replace fear with love in the workplace, start your conversation by asking questions.
- If you or someone you know is interested in adding love into your workplace, increasing your profitability and employee happiness, and becoming purpose-powered, let us know! Email Kevin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Network, Share Ideas, and Grow
Ready to connect to other purpose powered people like yourself, so you can network, share ideas, and grow together? Join us in the Higher Purpose Community on Facebook for conversation, extra content, and access to Kevin.