Jeff Goins is the best-selling author of five books including The Art of Work and Real Artists Don’t Starve. Jeff believes we all have a creative gift to share with the world – our art. Today, Jeff and Kevin take a behind-the-scenes look at tribe as it relates to purpose and passion.
Listen to the full episode now:
- Every story of success is a story of community, as Jeff likes to say, and Tribe is a conference about creatives, communities, and connecting people. Learn what Jeff’s idea of a perfect community is – and you might be surprised that he calls it an ‘excuse.’
- Jeff distrusts when someone says they found their calling. Find out why he believes finding your calling is a lot like finding your path, and you will spend your life walking it. You might not know where it ends, but you know it will take you somewhere good. Jeff also explains the three things you must consider before you begin walking a path: demand, skill, and passion.
- Jeff shares an amazing story about why he will never deliver one of the greatest demands people make: clarity. He talks about one of the things Mother Theresa believed about clarity, and takes it a step further to explain where clarity comes from. More importantly, he explains why it’s not something another person can give you.
- Are you a ‘conference consumer?’ Do you know someone who attends conferences regularly, leaves with a notebook full of action steps and ideas, and then never applies them? Jeff talks about how to get the most out of conferences, and you might be surprised to know that you shouldn’t be applying everything you learn. Find the One Thing and do it.
- You know when you talk to someone amazing, you need to take away from it as much as you can. Jeff talks about the interesting experience he had with a mentor who taught him how to take the most away from his coaching session. It’s simple and common sense, but most people don’t take the final step.
- Jeff talks about his zigzagging path that led him from touring with his band in Taiwan all the way to where he is now. He talks about how myths can be true. Remember this: Believe, Behave, Become.
- Jeff closes with something you really can’t miss if you’re a closet creative, if you’ve got an idea burning in you, a desire to do something. When will you actually do it? What will be the thing that pushes you from stagnating to creating? It’s something that people tell you not to have: fear.
Are you ready for more purpose in work and in life? What if you could learn from personal, intimate conversations with people who are living their lives passionately and purposefully, and making a massive impact? For 5 days, you can. Get more information – and your free ticket at NavigatingNorthSummit.com