Kevin Breeding started Mindset Engine as a way to generate leads for his business. But he soon realized that it was far more than that. In fact, he realized he was rewiring his own brain in creating it. Kevin realized that when you change your brain, you change your life. Today, he shares how you can rewire your own brain to change your mindset and enjoy a far better life.
- Kevin shares the story how he created his Mindset Engine app, how he ‘rewired’ his brand, and of his personal VA who used to suffer from daily panic attacks in a corporate setting before using the app. It’s been two and a half years since her last attack.
- Some people don’t understand the importance of mindset – they wave it off as ‘woo.’ Kevin asks his guest how important the connection is between mindset and success in leadership, business, and life. As you might have guessed, it’s integral. He responds to the question with something he’s observed over the years. Some of the most successful entrepreneurs and influencers would change one very important thing about their trajectory: they would put the mindset stuff first. Many of them believe they would have gotten to where their business is today twice as fast for half the cost.
- It might seem like Kevin was throwing spaghetti at a wall and the Mindset App was what stuck, but that isn’t the case. Intuitively, Kevin knew he needed a coach for himself after a midnight panic attack. His life was ‘on fire,’ and Kevin believed he’d be dead from stress by the end of the year, both from bankruptcy and a divorce. And he knew the place to start was in the way he thought about things. Kevin shares the story of how he began journaling and eventually got to the Mindset Engine.
- Do you ever wonder where the best coaches get the material they use to help others? In Kevin’s case, it was the journal he kept. He explains how he captured his emotions, the progression of his own brain rewiring, and turned it into lessons he uses to this day to help others through his 5-part framework.
- You might cringe at yet another guru touting how, if you mimic what he did exactly, you can succeed, too. But that’s not what Mindset Engine is. Rather than focusing on a single path to success, it focuses on principles – and Kevin believes that to be successful, you have to do it in a way only YOU can, not how a guru did it.
- It’s a shift in mindset that results in a shift of action, of ‘milestone moments.’ Kevin shares a poignant thought: “My fear of failure is nowhere as big as my fear of mediocracy.” Think on that a moment – it takes bravery to succeed and to fail, and bravery is a mindset. Kevin reveals how this shift in his life took him from extreme fear to where he is today.
- Kevin has a free resource available, Mastering Mindset, and he shares some of his favorite insights. The first is about focusing on the process rather than the goal (contrary to what many people teach), and the second is that we are to be a witness of ourselves, not a judge. Powerful thoughts, and Kevin goes into more detail. He also shares some powerful actions you can take today to begin the shift in YOUR life.
An Extraordinary Experiment
Thank you for listening to this episode of the Higher Purpose Podcast. Remember, if you ever think that your work could be less ordinary, there’s not much between you and something extraordinary. Just 13 weeks, and a bold experiment. Find out more about the Extraordinary Experiment here!
Website (Mastering Mindset Resource)