Are you the same person at work as you are at home? Are you ‘busy’ or are you ‘full?’ Is your life gloomy or great? It might be time for a mind shift. Imagine what would happen if you were to reframe your thoughts around purposeful intentions and action. It could drastically change the way you live at home AND at work. Join Kevin and his guest, Steve Browne, as they talk about the power in feeding the positive mindset, our choices, and how they affect the people around us.
- Steve Browne is the Vice President of Human Resources for La Rosa’s, Inc. – an iconic regional pizzeria that’s been in business for more than 64 years. He is also part of the SHRM Board of Directors, an organization where he has served for almost 20 years.
- How does he understand his personal purpose? As an HR professional, Steve talks about how he fills his day with lots of meaningful interactions. He goes beyond the ‘hi-hello’ of the day to connect with, marvel at, and acknowledge people’s unique contributions to the organization.
- Steve shares how when we take the time to observe and care about those around us, everything becomes so much lighter for everyone. It’s harder than it looks, though, right? Especially when we have no genuine interest in people and their lives. This is why Kevin and Steve talk about authenticity and how this element amplifies our ability to inspire and serve others.
- Positive impact doesn’t have to be a grandiose act of kindness. Sometimes all it takes to shift our day from gloomy to great are two words, “Happy Monday!” You can pick any day, any greeting, but the point is that we have the power to transform transactions and other mundane day-to-day stuff into meaningful encounters IF we choose to do so.
- HR is the part of an organization that deals with people the most. Steve talks about his book, HR on Purpose, and how HR can do better when it comes to supporting people rather than dwelling on all the negatives. Companies, and we as people need to empower others to be who they are and work with purpose. When you celebrate people in all their diversity, don’t forget to celebrate what they do to benefit the organization.
Today’s conversation dives deep into how we always have an opportunity to do our jobs well and with purpose. We have to stop treating certain jobs as “just a ___,” to see beyond the task and acknowledge the person behind it. Let’s not leave room for people to belittle others, and it begins with how WE refer to them. The sooner we treat each other like we matter, the faster we can grow to become better, and more purposeful, people.
Do you need clarity on how to move forward?
Are you at a crossroads or facing a transition and not confident about what to do now or next? Then you’re invited to join Kevin Monroe for a Clarity Call. You can enter for a free call, or book right away!