Welcome to the Higher Purpose Podcast! Here you’ll find the first three episodes of the show – and you can read all about the 7 people challenge
Episode 1: Welcome to the Higher Purpose Podcast
Have you ever felt a disconnect between your work and your values? Or that your pursuits, even the successful ones, aren’t fulfilling you the way you imagined? If so, this podcast is for you. In today’s episode, Kevin Monroe talks about his own unusual search for purpose, and why he’s so determined for this podcast to serve you.
Listen to the Episode now:
Episode 2: What is the Higher Purpose Podcast?
It’s tempting to jump right into the amazing amounts of content Kevin has in store for you, like the frameworks he’s developed for purpose along with incredible guest interviews, but there’s something we need to look at first. How will this podcast serve you well? Today, Kevin talks about the cornerstone that will guide the journey of this podcast.
- Purpose is everywhere you turn these days, especially purpose-driven leadership. But did you know that living with purpose can affect not just your mental wellbeing, but also your physical health?
- Kevin discusses why he chooses the guests he does: less than 20% of business leaders work with purpose, and of those, only a small handful can articulate it. Those are the people who Kevin has lined up.
- People often talk about purpose, but when the conversation is turned to higher For some, it takes an interesting turn. They ask, ‘are you one of them?’
- Do you believe that the quest for purpose is limited to the younger generation? Think again. There is no discrimination: not age, generation, time period, background, faith, and anything else.
- Remember when there were just three channels on the TV? In our lifetime today, we have the world at our fingertips. Entertainment, possessions, fine foods, and more; power, prestige, monetary success… our lives are filled but not fulfilled.
- Even Facebook’s Mark Zuckerberg knows that purpose is about being connected to something greater than yourself.
- Money, success, and other rewards: these are not the goal. They are the by-product of the true goal, which is fulfilling your purpose. Learn what the ‘economy of purpose’ is, and why it matters to you.
- There is more to this life, than this life. Don’t fall for the lie that this life is all there is.
Become a part of the Higher Purpose community on Facebook! We’d also appreciate it if you subscribe to the podcast. If you can think of someone this podcast can help, share it with them! Until next week, think about your why. Your higher purpose.
Listen to the Episode now:
Episode 3: The Seven People You Meet on Your Path to Purpose
We’ve got a whole blog post talking about the idea of the 7 people – so listen to the episode, then learn more by Joining the Purpose Revolution! (That’s where you’ll find the worksheet, too!)
I hope you enjoyed the launch episodes of the Higher Purpose Podcast! If you have an idea for a show topic or a guest, email Kevin personally at Kevin@HigherPurposePodcast.com, or leave a comment below!